Milan is a family-friendly city. Below the best 15 (+1) things to do for both families and kids in Milan. (Click on the name for info/tickets!)
Definitely two of the Milan’s masterpieces. Duomo di Milan (the cathedral of the city) with its panoramic terraces and the Sforza Castle with its glorious history will definitely be a great place for your kids.
Price Duomo: Inside+terraces from 16,50€-Only terraces from 13€
Price Castello Sforzesco: Starting from 13€
For a century home of FC Inter and AC Milan is a must do if your kids love soccer. You can visit the locker rooms, the museum and the playing field.
If I’m asked to recommend just one museum in Milan, this is my definitive answer. Dedicated to the genius of Leonardo da Vinci it is interesting, interactive and fun for kids but also for adults.
Home and headquarter of the 7 times winner of Champions League AC Milan. It includes the museum, trophy room and memorabilia (t-shirts, Golden Balls..).
A fun way to discover Milan in a short time. It runs through the iconic locations of the city and it is possible to get off and get back on to enjoy the different attractions. There are three different routes to discover every corner of Milan in a sunny day!
Due to its strategical location Milan is famous for its many day tours. All of them are really family friendly! We have made a selection on this page. CLICK HERE
Designed by the famous Milanese architect Giò Ponti, the tower is 108 meters high. An incredible observation deck on the top of it will give you a 360°view of Milan. It is inside Sempione Park, behind the Sforza Castle. Your kids will love it!
8) CIVIC AQUARIUM 🐠💧It’s not very big but it’s very well kept and has some rare marine breeds.
9) PLANETARIUM⭐🪐To learn everything, but literally everything about stars and planets! Surely the kids will appreciate it.
10) WOW – COMICS SPACE 💤💬 Recently established, Wow -Spazio Fumetto- offers exhibitions about Italian and international comics series.
11) MUBA-CHILDREN’S MUSEUM👦🖼Interactive play-exhibitions, events and workshops to encourage children’s creativIty learning through play.
12) BAM-LIBRARY OF THE TREES 🏞🍀 BAM is more than a park! It is a contemporary botanical garden in the heart Milan, where you can enjoy cultural experiences with nature.
13) MUSEO DELLE ILLUSIONI🎪🎡Family museum dedicated to optical illusions, with shows of holograms and mirrors.
14) CRAZY CAT CAFE🐱🍰Bistrot bar where you can play with cats. Enjoy their homemade products (cakes, cappuccino, coffee..)
15) THE RABBIT HOLE CAFE’🐇☕Tea room totally inspired by the adventures of Alice in Wonderland: a corner of wonder and beauty, away from the bustle of Milan, to relax, drink tea and breathe the atmosphere of a fairy tale.
16) ACQUATICA WATER PARK⛲🏊♀️Baby Lagoon, Rafting Pipe (which offers a jump of 12 m), and slides like toboga and kamikaze. Available sunbeds and umbrellas. Open every day from June to September. Free entrance for children below 1 m, discounted price for children up to 140 cm. Family pack available.