Finally is ready the ultimate Frog Free Walking Tour Milan airport guide!
Best tricks and tips to reach in a fast, cheap and safe way Milan from all international airports of Milano Malpensa, Milano Linate and Bergamo Orio al Serio !
All the buses to and from Milano Stazione Centrale (Central Train Station) leave and arrive from the RIGHT side of the Station (Piazza Luigi di Savoia)
1) Bergamo Orio al Serio (BGY) <—> Milan Central Station
If you are coming in Milan by a Ryanair flight and many other low-cost companies (Not Easyjet!) you will land here.
How to reach:
Reach Milan from Bergamo airport it is easy and cheap: there are three bus companies (Autostradale, Orio Shuttle and Terravision). Price for single way it is 5 euro for every companies. But each of them have a different special discount.
- Autostradale: 5 Euro one way or 9 euro round trip ticket. Complete timetable here. Buses with (*) Extra stop in Cascina Gobba Metro Station (M2)
- Orio Shuttle: 5 Euro one way. Book online, every day it is possible to find more than 1600 tickets from just 3,50 euro. Complete timetable here.
- Terravision: 5 Euro one way or 9 euro round trip ticket. Complete timetable here. Extra stop in Cologno Nord Metro Station (M2) Coach Station bay N°6
Time: 60 minutes
You can buy tickets from drivers of all three companies.
2) Malpensa International Airport (MXP) <—> Milan Central Station
Biggest airport of Milan, Malpensa has two terminals T1 and T2. All buses stop in both; ask to the driver if you are not sure about yours.
How to reach:
Reach Milan from Malpensa airport it is easy and relatively cheap: there are two bus companies (Autostradale, Orio Shuttle) and you can decide to go by train, if you want to prevent traffic jam.
- Autostradale: 10 Euro one way or 16 euro round trip ticket. Complete timetable here.
- Malpensa Shuttle: 10 Euro one way or 16 euro round trip ticket. You can buy the ticket online. Complete timetable here. Extra stop in Fiera Milano City (Viale Teodorico near the Citroen Show Room)
- Train: From Malpensa Terminal 2 to Milano Centrale or Cadorna or Porta Garibaldi. Price 10 euro one way. Bookings and timetables here
Time: 50 minutes
You can buy tickets from drivers of both companies or buy the train ticket directly at the train station.
3) Linate Airport (LIN) <—> City Center
We call Linate City Airport because it is just less than 10 km from the city center. Many national flights but also low cost and so on.
How to reach:
Reach Milan from Linate airport it is easy and very cheap: just 1.50 euro. There are two urban buses provided from local transport company.
- Bus number 73 from San Babila metro Station (M1). Price 1,50 euro (normal urban ticket). If you have an urban daily pass (24-48h) you can use it. Timetable here. Time Around 35 minutes.
- Bus number 73X from San Babila metro Station (M1), Is a direct bus to/from Milano Linate without stops. Pay attention: It works just from Monday to Friday from 7am to 8pm every :00 – :20 – :40. Full timetable here. Price 1,50 euro (normal urban ticket). Time around 20 minutes.
In this case it is not possible to buy the ticket from the driver. Ask to kiosk of newspaper or use self-service machines in San Babila Metro Station
Milan Free Frog Walking Tour staff do not recommend to take taxi; prices are high and buses and trains are ALWAYS available for each flight that takeoff or land in all Milan’s airports.
Anyway, if you want to feel “confortable” pay attention to fake taxi drivers: Central Station and Airports are full of these people. Do not accept offers from people ask If you need a cab.
Here some tricks to recognize a REAL taxi driver:
(Thanks to taxistory.net)
All taxi in Milan are WHITE
For some common routes by taxi Prices are standard:
Frog Free Walking Tour: Your Free Walking Tour in Milan