LAST UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 2020
Finally is ready the ultimate Frog Free Walking Tour Milan airport guide!
Best tricks and tips to reach in a fast, cheap and safe way Milan from all international airports of Milano Malpensa, Milano Linate and Bergamo Orio al Serio !
All the buses to and from Milano Stazione Centrale (Central Train Station) leave and arrive from:
- the RIGHT side of the CENTRAL Station (Piazza Luigi di Savoia) BUS TO BERGAMO (ORIO AL SERIO AIRPORT – BGY)
- the LEFT side of the CENTRAL Station (Piazza Quattro Novembre) BUS TO MALPENSA (MALPENSA AIRPORT – MXP)
1) From Bergamo Orio al Serio (BGY) to Milan Central Station
If you are coming in Milan by a Ryanair flight and many other low-cost companies (Not Easyjet!) you will land here.
How to reach:
Reach Milan from Bergamo airport it is easy and cheap: there are three bus companies (Autostradale, Orio Shuttle and Terravision). Price for single way it is 10 euro for every companies.
- Autostradale: 10 Euro one way . Complete timetable and online booking here.
- Orio Shuttle: 10 Euro one way. Book online. Complete timetable here.
- Terravision: 10 Euro one way. Complete timetable and booking online here.
Time: 55 minutes
You can buy tickets from drivers of all three companies.
2) Malpensa International Airport (MXP) <—> Milan Central Station
Biggest airport of Milan, Malpensa has two terminals T1 and T2. All buses stop in both; ask to the driver if you are not sure about yours.
How to reach:
Reach Milan from Malpensa airport it is easy and relatively cheap: there are two bus companies (Autostradale, Malpensa Shuttle) and you can decide to go by train, if you want to avoid traffic jam.
- Autostradale: 10 Euro one way. Complete timetable here.
- Malpensa Shuttle: 10 Euro one way. You can buy the ticket online. Complete timetable here.
- Train: From Malpensa to Milano Cadorna is only 37 minutes. Price 13 euro one way. Bookings and timetables here
Time: 55 minutes
You can buy tickets from drivers of both companies or buy the train ticket directly at the train station.
3) Linate Airport (LIN) <—> Milan City Center
We call Linate City Airport because it is just less than 10 km from the city center. Many national flights but low cost flights too!
Reach Milan from Linate airport it is easy and very cheap: just 2 euro. There are two urban buses provided from local transport company.
- Bus number 73 from LINATE to DUOMO Metro station. Price 2 euro (normal urban ticket). If you have an urban daily pass (24-48-72h) you can use it. Journey Around 35 minutes. In this case it is not possible to buy the ticket from the driver. Ask to kiosk of newspaper or use self-service machines in
- From Linate to Milan Central Station: You can reach immediatly the train station of Milan from Linate for only 5 euros. Click here to book your ticket and to see the schedules
If you need to take a taxi in Milan remember that to reach Orio al Serio (BGY) and Malpensa (MXP) from Milan (or opposite journey) there are fixed rates; prices are bit expensive but buses and trains are always available.
If you want to take a taxi in Milan pay attention to fake taxi drivers: at Central Station and Airports mainly. Do not accept a ride from people ask If you need a cab.
REMEMBER: All taxis in Milan are WHITE
Frog Free Walking Tour: Your Free Walking Tour in Milan